WE DO AUTO BODY REPAIR RIGHT
Auto body Repair in Victoria BC
Good auto body repair can make your car as good as new again, but what does it take to have that happen? Experience, equipment, and dedication to doing the very best work. Our staff are well-trained and focused on fixing what seems unfixable from almost any collision.
Contact us now to request a quote, or to get more information about how we can help you. Painting and autobody repair are our specialties and we have been serving Victoria and the island for over 20 years.
Your vehicle is one of the biggest purchases you will ever make, and you want to know that it’s in good hands for repairs. So, how do we do it? Here is a bit of information on the process.
Repair technicians use frame machines with advanced computerized measuring systems to restore damaged with sections to their original shape and location. Dents that aren’t as serious get straightened with body hand tools or hydraulic jacks. As well, badly damaged sections of body panels can be removed and replaced. Some of the other specialized tools are MIG welders, spot welders, hammers, blocks, and spray guns. There is a specialized tool and detailed process for every job during the restoration:
• Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling.
• Repair and replace front end components, body components, doors and frame, and underbody components
• Hammer out dents, buckles and other defects using blocks and hammers
• Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents, and seams
• Remove damaged fenders, panels, and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replacement parts into place
• Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
• File, grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools
• Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting
• Mix paint, blend and match colors
• Apply primers and repaint surfaces using a brush or spray guns
• Repair and replace glass components such as windshields, windows, and sunroofs
• Repair or replace interior components, such as seat frame assembly, carpets, and floorboard insulation
List and data sourced from Skill Competence Canada
Here is a fantastic article that explains more about the entire process of the auto restoration process. The great people at driving.ca have put this together and it’s worth a read if you’d like to find out more. Click here to see the whole article, and there is an excerpt below.
“Just as cars have become more complex over the years, so have their repairs, and that includes when they get hit. At one time, body shops mostly straightened the metal and fixed the paint. Today, they deal with high-tech materials and technologies that can require very specialized repairs.” – driving.ca
Get In touch
8:00 – 5PM Monday To Friday
Address 2-2333 Government St
Victoria, BC V8T 4P4
Lifetime guarantee on repairs and ensuring you have a way to get around during repairs.